Power up for the next day. This is not your traditional chicken salad. Add a little Dijon mustard, edamame, and pepitas and you have yourself a Power Chicken Salad! Serve it on high-fiber crackers or try it on jicama! You’ll be ready to go with this quick and easy recipe.
Serving Size: 2 oz.
# Servings: 4
- ¼ c. Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. light mayo
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. Herbs de Provence
- ½ a medium red onion, diced small
- ½ c. shelled edamame, cooked and cooled
- 6 oz. canned chicken breast meat (or 6 oz. shredded chicken breast)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toasted pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- Optional: 1 medium jicama, cut into rectangular slices
- In a bowl, combine Greek yogurt, mayo, mustard, garlic powder and herbs. Mix thoroughly.
- Add red onion, edamame and chicken meat and toss together until well mixed and thoroughly coated. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving. When ready to serve, heat a small skillet on the stove but do not put any oil in it. Add pepitas and toast until slightly fragrant (about 1-2 minutes).
- Sprinkle pepitas onto finished salad and serve on jicama slices or high-fiber crackers.
- Suggestion: Veggie crudites
Nutrition Info (Without Jicama)
Serving size = 2 oz.
150 calories, 6g fat, 253 mg sodium, 5g carbs, 1g sugars, 0g fiber, 18g protein
Nutrition Info (Jicama Crackers)
Serving size = 4 crackers
11 calories, 0g fat, 1mg sodium, 3g carbs, 1g sugars, 1g fiber 0g protein
Author: Nikki Massie, Bariatric Foodie
Brought to you by: Celebrate Vitamins