Garlic & Parmesan Mashed Fauxtatoes: Rich, creamy, and flavorful, but this small-batch recipe has no potatoes! You’ll find tons of flavor and nutrients in this recipe that's just the right size for your post-op holiday needs!
Serving Size: 1/3 cup
Number of Servings: 6
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 c. low-fat, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 c. water
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 bag (about 3 cups) frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 can (10 oz.) Cannellini Beans or Great Northern Beans drained and rinsed
- ½ c. fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. white pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a pot, place chicken broth, water and garlic cloves. Bring to a boil, then add cauliflower florets and cover. Cook about 5-7 minutes, or until florets are soft.
- Remove garlic and half the liquid. Add beans and cheese.
- Using an immersion blender, blend cauliflower and beans until completely whipped. "If you don't have an immersion blender you may also blend cauliflower with either a food processor or large pitcher blender."
- Place mixture in a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until liquid has reduced and mixture has thickened.
Serving size = 1/3 cup
83 calories, 2g fat, 257mg sodium, 10g carbs, 2g sugars, 3g fiber, 7g protein
Author: Nikki Massie, Bariatric Foodie
Brought to you by: Celebrate Vitamins