Who doesn’t want dinner to be quick and easy, especially when we have so many other things going on at night? Not only is this recipe quick and easy, it’s also creamy, cheesy, and savory! Oh, did we forget to mention that it’s also healthy?
Serving Size: 1 Ramekin (3 meatballs)
# Servings: 4
- ½ medium white onion, cut into slivers
- 1 c. low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- ½ c. low-fat milk (suggested: Fairlife 0% milk)
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 12 Aldi Fit & Active® Turkey Meatballs
- 3 whole wheat Wasa crackers, crushed
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 4 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Set a skillet over medium heat and allow it to get hot. Add olive oil to pan and swirl it around.
- Add onions and cook 1-2 minutes, or until softened. Add cream soup, milk, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt, pepper, and nutmeg then stir, allowing the sauce to come to a simmer.
- Place 3 meatballs each in a 5 oz. ramekin. Ladle sauce generously over meatballs. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
- In bowl, combine crackers, butter, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle mixture on top of ramekins and then bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
- These are great served with ribbon-cut zoodles (zucchini noodles) that have been flash cooked for 1-2 minutes in boiling water, then seasoned to your liking. Don’t know how to make zoodles? Here’s a how-to from Bariatric Foodie.
Serving size = 1 Ramekin (3 meatballs)
234 calories, 9g fat, 574mg sodium, 27g carbs, 4g sugars, 5g fiber, 13g protein
(NOTE: Using low-fat soup instead of low-sodium adds 4g carbs and 1g protein, but nutrition information otherwise stays the same.)
Author: Nikki Massie, Bariatric Foodie
Brought to you by: Celebrate Vitamins